Monday, September 14, 2009

Calvin Flajole and a new business venture

Oh man, where did the time go? Oh yes, that's right...we have a new puppy that has taken up all our time! Haha! It's been totally worth it. Calvin is the cutest puppy in the entire world! He'll go and do something like poop on the carpet, and I get mad, but then I look at his big eyes and all is forgiven. We've had him for 2 weeks, and already he is peeing on his puppy pads 8/10 times (he can't go outside for another month or 2. He hasnt' had all his shots yet), and he has successfully slept through the night for the past 3 nights (with a slight exception for last night. He woke me up at 2am, but after he pottied, he went right back to sleep and didn't wake up again until right before daddy got up to go to work). It's seriously like having a child! He loves to play tug-of-war with daddy, and sometime spazzes out and runs crazy dog style around the house. He's the biggest cuddle bug and he loves to sleep next to me in bed curled up by my armpit with his head resting on my neck. I'm sure it looks funny, and it's not always the most comfortable sleeping positions, but he's so warm and soft that I don't mind. He's asleep right now on my side, curled up between my leg and the arm of the couch. He's just so precious!

Okay, enough about my new little man. Yesterday was the first day since Brian and I have been married that we've been able to just lounge around the house in sweats all day and do nothing but be together, watch football, and play with Calvin. It was fabulous! The only thing I did yesterday that was really productive was go to the wedding expo at the Tacoma Dome with Mali, my business partner. We went to meet different vendors and kind of get a feel of what it would be like to be a vendor at one of these expos (which we will probably sometime next year). It was so informative! We could definitely feel which vendors were excited to talk to us, and those that weren't. I couldn't believe that after telling them we weren't brides, but planners, they just shut off completely and wanted nothing to do with us. Hello! We're going to be recommending you to brides! You give us info, we'll pass it along! There were 2 vendors inparticular, a photographer as well as Ron Gallucci of Gallucci catering (who's dad was my pediatrician) offered to meet with Mali and me to talk about getting into the business and kind of giving us insight into it and telling us what we should be prepared for. We're definitely going to be taking them up on their offers! It was very exciting, and I felt so energized afterwards! It was fantastic!

Other than that, not much else has been going on. I started bowling on Brian and Brad's bowling team, which is so out of my comfort zone it's not even funny! Last week was alright, but it's definitely something that will take me awhile to get comfortable. Who knows what's in store for tonight!

Well, that's all...enjoy the pics of Calvin!
The best birthday present EVER!


This is right after I picked him up. He was so scared at first, but warmed up right away!


Sitting on my lap while daddy drove us around! I love the little chocolate chips on his nose!



pooped out on the couch!

No comments: