Friday, October 17, 2008

Okay, so I'm kind of getting the hang of this...but I'm sure it'll take awhile before our profile looks super cool like some of the other ones I've seen. Well, Brian and I are slowly but surely accomplishing some wedding projects. We started out strong right away, but have kind of slowed down because of work and such. Brian has been working REALLY long days at Best Burgers and since I am now the counter manager at Clarins, I've been bogged down with some more responsibilities. I was pretty much doing the same thing while the previous counter manager, Kim, was on vacation and getting ready to get married, but now all the results are on my head. If the counter doesn't do well, I get to hear about it! So my dress is hanging on the closet door, which is killing me because I want so badly to be able to wear it. I have a feeling It'll be like that episode of Friends where Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe are sitting on the couch in the wedding dresses and drinking beer. Except instead of beer it'll be some sort of cocktail :). We met with St. Charles and have started the paperwork process of getting married in the church. We have to take a "Catholicism 101" class and do the "Evenings for the Engaged" classes, as well as take a 45 minute questionnaire which will be scored and then given to a marriage counselor (which funny enough is my friend Jake's dad) where we'll discuss the results. As far as everything else...we just have to finalize the cake and the caterer, but we could really use some ideas for photographers and djs. There are just so many out there, we don't know which one to choose! So any and all ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

This weekend is going to be a busy one! We both work tomorrow and then we're going to the Tacoma Dome to see Celine Dion!! Brian's mom and dad gave us tickets for Christmas last year. I remember thinking that it was so far away...and now it's here! After the concert we're going to El Toro for some kareoke for one of my coworkers birthday. Sunday is back to wedding stuff (and hoping the Seahawks finally win). Sara and Aaron are coming down and we're all going to Sunnyside for our "engagement photo session" with Aaron the photographer. I hope the weather holds out! Wish us luck!

Hope you're all doing well! We'll chat more soon!

2 comments:

The Tinsley's said...

Hi Christiana!! Sounds like you are definitely keeping busy! Planning a wedding is so stressful but so much fun at the same time. Just try not to stress about the little things. You said you needed some suggestions for photographers and dj's. My sister-in-law takes wonderful pictures and I'm sure she would love to help you out! Her website is www.mjtinsley.com and I will have to get back to you about a dj. I know of a couple but I just want to make sure I give you the right info. Anyway, take care and keep in touch!

Sarah Officer said...

Hey Chrissy! I sooo had tickets to the Celine Dion concert but my cousin Isaac set his wedding for that Saturday. I sold my tickets to my mom and sister. They loved the concert!!! Did you have a good time?! Claire's brother Charles and wife DeeDee did my photography. They did an amazing job!!!